Raw Rainbow Spring Rolls
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Serrano chili or Thai chili, stemmed and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 yellow beet peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 radishes very thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves torn
- 1 avocado sliced
- handful basil leaves julienned
- 12 Vietnamese spring roll rice wrappers
In a small bowl whisk the ingredients for the sauce.
Prepare the vegetables. Put all the vegetables into separate bowls.
Fill a large shallow bowl with hot water.
Soak 1 rice paper wrapper at a time in the water for 20 seconds until just pliable. Spread on a work surface.
Put some of the beets, cabbage, sprouts, lettuce, avocado and basil in the middle.
When laying out the vegetables, layer different ones on the bottom to give variety in the appearance.
Fold the sides inward and tightly roll the wrapper up round the filling.
Serve with rolls with the dipping sauce.