Picadillo with Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, I use peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef, organic if possible
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
In a pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add ground beef and cook, breaking to pieces with back of spoon, until lightly browned. Drain excess fat, if any. Add fish sauce and worcestershire sace and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until beef is cooked. Add potatoes and continue to cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.