Oven Fried Coconut Chicken
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 pound organic chicken thighs
- 1 pound organic chicken legs
- 1 cup allergen-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine the juice and coconut milk in a shallow baking dish. Add chicken and coat thoroughly. Marinate in fridge for 1 hour, turning once.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine breadcrumbs, coconut, salt and pepper on a plate. Remove chicken from marinade and dredge chicken in breadcrumbs. Discard marinade. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Carefully turn over and bake another 30 minutes, or until done.