Kung Pao Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 boneless chicken thighs sliced thinly
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste with garlic or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, dry sherry, red chili paste, sugar, red wine vinegar, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.
Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken, peanuts and green onions.