Why Forgiveness Helps You Heal?
Have you ever downed an entire package of chips, crackers, or cookies? Ate pizza or cake until you felt sick? Drank more coffee or wine than your body wanted?
Do you remember how you were feeling at the time?
I ask because sometimes we overeat to help distract us from emotional pain. Think about it—have you noticed that sometimes when you overeat you’re not hungry at all? What you are is lonely. Or angry. Or sad. Or resentful. Or frustrated. Or something else.
So what hurt are YOU holding on to?
Tap Into the Power of Forgiveness
Wouldn’t it be more effective to address your uncomfortable feelings? The best, most thorough, most divinely perfect way to do that is forgiveness.
Forgiving is not easy, even for the most enlightened among us. If you’ve been allowing your present health to be controlled by past hurts, I urge you to commit to forgiving. These steps can help:
· Talk to sympathetic friends and family about your desire to forgive. Chatting with others is tremendously comforting.
· Write a letter to the person you’d like to forgive. You can decide whether or not you send it.
· See the situation from the other person’s perspective—your own perspective may change.
· Don’t forget to forgive yourself. Sometimes we can be harshest with ourselves.
· Understand that you are responsible for your own attitude. Don’t let holding a grudge keep you from feeling free, open, and powerful in your own life.
Forgive and watch how much easier your relationship with eating becomes.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you ready to live your healthiest life yet? Want to change your relationship to eating? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about!
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned about more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.
Learn more about my training and my unique approach to health coaching.